09 August 2011

Hope

Hope is a funny thing.  When hope abounds, one feels the breath of life.  When hope is lost, despair will set in.  So, what do we say to the one with no hope?  The one with no hope and is facing despair... who is suffering... who needs hope?  I don't know how people who have no hope recover from such loss.  I'm not sure they ever do.  I met a woman at Jack's grave once... I still remember her standing at her daughter's tiny grave.  Overcome with grief.  She looked to me standing over my son's tiny grave with a swollen belly... a sign of new life in the midst of loss of life.  I can still see the questions in her eyes.  How did you move on?  How can you have another baby?  How can you stand there with hope?  That sweet woman had no hope.  She didn't know my Savior.  She didn't know the Father who held her precious daughter safe in his arms.  She asked so many questions... sweet woman.  But, seeing her lack of hope, I started with my Jesus.  The Jesus she needed to cling to.  Without him, there is nothing... no hope... no life... no refuge.  You see, he came to seek and to save the lost.  That means he came to save me and to save you.  We are hopeless and lost without him.  We need a Savior to give us a new life and to give us hope.  Hope of a life with him.  Hope of a life where he knows every small detail and has worked it out perfectly for our good and for his glory.  Wow!!  That is MY God!  

5/7/07 
Romans 4: 18
“Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, ‘So shall your offspring be.’” 
Abraham had no reason to have hope (he was 100 years old and Sarah’s womb was “dead”), but yet he hoped in God’s promise to Him. When it looks like I have no hope, I need to hope in God’s promises and he will bless! 
Romans 5:5
“And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.” 
So, we can have hope because of God’s great love that He has POURED out onto our heart!
It is by that immense love that I must live and hope. My hope is in God! In His eternal glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment