31 May 2011

Letting Go of Dreams

That women's retreat rocked my world on many different levels.  My dreams of what my family was going to be... the mother I would be, had just been crushed and now I was being told some very hard things.  Things that seem as if they would be easier to hear when the wound has yet to come or has at least begun to scab over.  My wound was still wide open.  I was feeling these things at full force.  God was meeting me right where I was... in the midst of pain and giving me the truth of what His Word says about things we hope we will never have to face.  The truths that we gloss over when things aren't so bad.  The truths that we can tend to take for granted.  I had to search the Word and instead of just read it, I had to let the truths seep into my soul, take root, grow, and become my very life line.  Would you be willing to do that today?  Let His Word reach your inmost heart and change you, mold you, heal you?  The truth I found in 2 Peter told me that I had everything I needed for life AND for godliness.  Not just what I needed to survive, but to have godliness too.  Wow!  What a promise we have.  What does it mean about how we will suffer?  Will we just get through or will we have godliness?  Will we simply survive, or does God have something more than that for us?  My friends, I believe God has something much more for us!  But, first we must be willing to let go of OUR dreams.
4/16/07

2 peter 1: 3 “His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.”

If this is true, which I believe it is, then I have all I need to get through trials of all kinds. Even the trial of Jack’s death. God is not finished with me. He has more work to do. He has not finished pouring out the blessings that will come from Jack’s death. I have so much more to learn about God’s dreams for my life. BUT first I must learn to let go of my dreams and trust that God’s dreams for my life are not only bigger but also better than mine.

--God, teach me your ways. Lead me into a greater understanding of you. Use my holy imagination to SEE you better.

Job 42: 5 “My ears had heard of you, but now my eyes have SEEN you .”

Lord, please also work in Daniel and Luke’s lives- replenish them. Help them see what you have done and will do through Jack’s life. Give them perseverance!

I praise you for who you are… for your grace and abundance of compassion and love for me. Thank you for not giving up on me and, most of all, for dieing rather than being without me!

1 month today

No comments:

Post a Comment